January and February were somewhat slow months in comparison to the normal chaos of my life.
It was nice to have a little lull after such a whirlwind 2013.
Full speed craziness has returned, of course.
My brain seems to be having a hard time focusing when there’s so much to do right now.
Here’s a peak inside my brain:
• I’ve been spending a LOT of my time working for a corporate client over the last several weeks.
• What am I doing for them? I’m furnishing photos for office buildings they own.
• It’s more involved than what I do for a “normal” client. I’m actually going to the client’s office building locations, meeting with managers, taking measurements, working with budgets, acting as an interior decorator, etc. Once a budget is approved I determine the best way to maximize the budget for each particular building. Then I determine which photos I’ll be using, what size they should be, what medium they should be printed on, etc. After that, I format the photos to look their very best based on all the previous decisions.
• It’s a lot of work, but also fun. When I walk into a building with bare walls I can barely contain myself. I must get art on the walls.
• In addition, I’ve got several other client projects at various stages right now.
• Remember World Champion Skimboarder, Austin Keen?
• Austin and I are working on an ongoing photo series. It’s a lot of fun to document a portion of his life and achievements. He’s getting ready to return to Brazil for a few weeks. (I wish I could go along as his photographer, but maybe next time.) I’ll update you now and again on Austin and his adventures. He’s a great client, a fun “model,” and has a very adventurous life.
• I’ve been approached by a client for some photography work which might involve traveling to a far away continent. And that’s all I’m able to say at this time. It’s still in the “possibility” phase. I’ll let you know more if it turns into a definite project.
• A lot of times I can’t write about what I’m working on or who I’m working with. My business is keeping my busy, though.
• I’ll be staying at the Hilton in Beverly Hills beginning this Friday and through the weekend.
• I was very excited about my L.A. project until I was reminded The Beverly Hilton is the same hotel where Whitney Houston died. I hope I can get past that. (I have a feeling I’ll be freaking out when I see the bathtub in my room.) I’ll try to focus on all the red carpet events that have been held there instead. Of course, I’ll try to sneak in a few “for fun” photos to share with you while I’m there.
• I’ll also be in San Francisco and Napa later this month. Of course, I always love to visit San Francisco and visit my friends there. I haven’t been to Napa in a long time. I have a feeling I’ll want to stay and photograph the beautiful rolling hills and vineyards for weeks. (Unfortunately, I’ll only be there for a few days.)
• I’ll be in the Dallas area of Texas at the beginning of April.
• Speaking of travel, I’ve been researching various types of van-ish vehicles. I wrote recently of my desire to be a vagabond photographer … road trips and shooting go together so well! I’ve had several family members tell me it isn’t safe for a woman to travel the country by herself. What do YOU think?