I had several “great” post ideas for this week.
Hearing about Aaron’s death, however, has wiped them all out of my brain.
I hope you don’t mind randomness as I try to regain my equilibrium.
• In an effort to come to terms with several recent pieces of bad news, I took my camera out on a bluff Tuesday night. I knew it was going to be a nice sunset and I needed a little solitude.
Click on photo to purchase, or to view larger, in 24atHeart gallery.
• I needed to feel the cool sea breeze on my skin. I needed a sense of exertion as I climbed up hills. I needed to watch the sunset change colors between the clouds.
• Last weekend, I played with several german shepherds at a “german shepherd adoption” event at a local mall. I resisted the urge to bring every single dog home with me. It was, however, nice to have some dog time. And yes, I do find myself still thinking about all those nice dogs who need a home.
• My son got a summer job. He hasn’t started yet, but YAY!
• We had lunch at Tender Greens at the Irvine Spectrum yesterday. I love that place.
• I had my eyes tested recently and my eyesight has changed. Yesterday I bought some new Maui Jim sunglasses and I’m having prescription lenses ordered for them. Is it weird to be excited about sunglasses? They won’t even arrive for a couple weeks. I’ve been wearing my current pair (also Maui Jim’s) for a few years. I’m surprised they survived me for so long.
• I’m going to be back in Napa for a few days in October. Do you have any suggestions on where to stay?
• I like having my son back home. It does involve more grocery shopping and cooking, but that’s okay. I like having his friends in and out of the house too. Currently, he’s binge-watching the final season of Breaking Bad. Apparently, he didn’t have time to watch TV while he was
partying studying at college.
• I’ve been working a lot this week. No, I’m not hauling heavy gear around yet. I’ve been working on the boring business stuff I have to do.
• I remember when I used to just take photos for fun ….