• I took my camera gear in for routine maintenance at my Canon Factory Service Center yesterday. I didn’t make an appointment ahead of time. The waiting room was packed when I arrived. Apparently, a lot of people attempted to use their cameras over the holiday weekend, and decided their cameras were broken. I listened, time and time again, as the Canon rep (with the patience of a saint), calmly explained to people their cameras weren’t broken. Then he would nicely, calmly, inform them of something basic like, “Auto focus doesn’t work right now because you have the dial turned to manual focus.”
• I have to admit, I shuddered a little when I heard one young woman proclaim loudly she is a “wedding photographer.” Then she explained her one, and only, lens was not exposing properly. She wanted to know if it was because it was a non-Canon lens on a Canon body. “The camera is just broken,” she repeated time and time again. After a few minutes, she was told it wasn’t the lens or the camera. She had her settings turned on for movies (video) but was trying to take still photos. Note to self: Never hire her as a wedding photographer.
• Please research your photographers before you hire them. Every person who owns a camera is not a professional photographer …. just like every person who owns a stove is not a chef.
Click on photo to purchase, or to view larger, in 24atHeart gallery.
• The underwater housing I ordered for my camera has not arrived yet. I knew when I ordered it, it would take a few weeks to be delivered. Still, I find myself hoping every day for a package from the UPS man.
• I’m seeing Dr. Painless for my arm today. I’ll be seeing Paul Newman by the end of the week too. Fingers crossed for a little pain relief before I take off on my next journey.
• I’m not much of a beer drinker, but last week I was served a Shock Top Lemon Shandy. It was a very hot day and the lemon-y beer was icy cold … delicious! I just thought I’d pass that on in case any of you want to give it a try this summer.
• Have you seen any movies this summer? A couple weeks ago I saw Edge of Tomorrow. It was good. I think it’s more of a guy-movie than a girl-movie, but I was entertained.
• The local coyotes have been howling a lot every night lately. I would love to capture a photo of them, but I always opt for sleep instead!