I’m back in Orange County.
I’ve been traveling three of the last four weeks.
It’s really nice to be home.
(Except for the laundry and all the other catch-up chores I need to take care of.)
I’m sure I’ll get the itch to travel again in a few weeks, but right now I have travel burn out.
I’m exhausted even though I don’t feel like I have a reason to be.
I also returned to a lot of business related issues needing my attention.
Sometimes I think it would be nice if there were two of me.
One Me could shoot every day and the other Me could handle the rest of my life.
But really, who would want two Me-s running around?
Odd things happened to me last week:
• I twisted my right ankle while navigating some slippery rocks hiking one day. My right ankle is very swollen and sore. It’s not a big deal, but …!
• Something bit/stung my left ankle and one of my left toes while I was in the ocean shooting long exposures. I was in shallow water on a remote, unpopulated, beach. I don’t know what it was. It caused a surprising amount of bleeding.
• As a result, my left foot has been the size of a cantaloupe for several days.
• Taken together, my two swollen feet look like enormous CANKLES. I’m trying to keep my feet up to reduce swelling (when I can).
• I’m feeling very sexy with my enormous cankles. (??)
• Minor injuries like these are *bonus* things no one mentions about outdoor photography.
• My North Carolina son is back in North Carolina. I cried when he left.
• I went wine tasting in the Santa Ynez Valley last week. It was a lot of fun. I’ll tell you more about it soon.
• I also saw Guardians of the Galaxy while I was in Santa Barbara. It was entertaining.
• All sorts of things happened to Barbie and the two Kens last week. On my last day in Santa Barbara they turned up one last time. Barbie’s head was on Ken’s body. Ken’s head was on Barbie’s body. (The second Ken was left untouched.) It was very disconcerting.
• If I was a dog, my owner would take me to a groomer. I feel very disheveled from all my recent travel.
• Speaking of dogs, I’m reading a book about clicker training for dogs. Are you familiar with clicker training? And no, I don’t have a
cute, adorable, pile of fluff new pup … yet.