We’ve had a couple, very needed, storms pass through recently.
Click on photo to purchase, or to view larger, in 24atHeart gallery.
I have to admit, I’ve really enjoyed the rain.
Let’s hope California can pull out of “the worst drought in 1,200 years.”
I’m getting excited about Christmas.
Some of my friends are Jewish and have begun celebrating Hanukkah.
Happy Hanukkah to those of you celebrating!
I mailed gifts off to my North Carolina son yesterday.
He’s going to be all by himself on Christmas which breaks my mom-heart.
I’m planning to “FaceTime” him on my laptop so he can open his gifts with the rest of the family on Christmas morning.
(My Texas son will be arriving home from college later this week.)
Here’s a look at a few other things going on lately:
• My tree is still naked. I just can’t bring myself to decorate it alone. Not because I don’t want to be alone, but because I know it always sets me off into a terrible pain flare-up. The tree might not get decorated until Christmas Eve when other people are around to help. I think I’m okay with that this year. It used to stress me out, but I really, really, don’t want to be in Pain Hell for Christmas again this year.
• I’ve been extra-musical lately. I always love music, but I’ve been extra-obsessed with having the right tunes for the right occasion.
• I ordered a cattle dryer for my dog. Yes, the breeder recommended I get a cow blow-dryer for my soon to come home puppy. Cow blow-dryers are not cheap. Apparently, Newfoundlands need a powerful dryer for all that hair they have? Newfies have a difficult time air drying because their coats are so thick. If you leave them damp they can get skin infections … hence, a cow blow dryer. (Things I never thought
existed I’d own!)
• I have a feeling the cow blow dryer is just the beginning of my giant breed education.
• I’ve done *some* of my gift purchases. (Mainly online.) I still have a few miscellaneous things I need to get … plus, stocking stuffers.
• The rain/cooler weather has put me in a baking mood. I don’t bake a lot for the holidays anymore (due to my bum arm), but I will bake a few things. Yes, it’s time to pull out my fattigman cookie recipe again. Do you have a treat you bake only at holiday time?