I didn’t have time to write a “real” post for today, so ….
• My oldest son is still here. It’s so nice to have him home. I seem to be cooking a lot while he’s here. He has several favorite mom-meal requests. We’re also trying to get a lot of activities in before he heads back to North Carolina.
• Fred is such a good puppy. He gets easier every day as he learns more and more. He’s sleeping so much better at night. He’s also doing amazingly well on a leash. I’m really proud of the progress he’s making.
• Yesterday, Fred became curious about the orange tree. Orange trees smell wonderful!
• Fred has a very good nose. I’ve had retrievers before, but their dog noses didn’t compare to Fred’s. I think he could be a tracking dog … he has the most amazing sense of smell!
• I haven’t had much time for TV watching, but I’ve (finally) finished Season III of Sons of Anarchy. I’m hoping we get a rainy day sometime soon so I have an excuse to be lazy and watch TV for hours. I also keep having dreams about hot biker guys. Coincidence?
• Remember, I told you about purchasing a pair of new boots? Well, I’ve been meaning to follow-up and let you know they’re VERY comfortable even when worn for long periods. I realize everyone prefers different things, but I would definitely recommend Frye’s Melissa Button Riding Boot.
• I can’t believe the Super Bowl is this weekend! Where did January go? I think I lost the entire month in my new-puppy-fog.
• Fred has been busy practicing for
The Puppy Bowl Super Bowl weekend. He prefers his footballs deflated … just like Tom Brady?
I’ll try to get a few more photos of Fred today.
I’ve been busy with my son home, but I know a lot of you are really enjoying the Fred photos!