My son is still here so I’m just going to squeeze in a quick post.
• We had a mom/son day on Tuesday to celebrate his birthday. It was fun. I’m so glad he was able to be home for his birthday this year.
• We’re having a bigger family birthday celebration this upcoming weekend.
• I’ve been practicing Kendama. I’m getting better! (I love it, but I’m really terrible at it – which is kind of funny!)
• It’s going to be hot, hot, hot here the next several days. I hope to spend a lot of time at the beach with Fred.
• Fred is doing REALLY WELL with his training. We’re still in the early stages, but I’m so proud of him. He’s doing great.
• I’m sorry I haven’t had much time for taking Fred photos. It’s been a chaotic week or two. I’ll try to do better.
• Sometimes I wish I could blog about some of the work projects I’m in the midst of, but I can’t. (Busy is good though!)
• Here’s a photo I took at sunset one day this week. It’s definitely
summer spring. I was fortunate to catch a bird in-flight as it built a nest.
Nest Building at Sunset: Click on photo to purchase, or to view larger, in 24atHeart gallery.
• I looked into a 15x magnifying mirror yesterday and I was horrified. I might have screamed. I won’t be doing that again – ever!
• I feel like doing massive spring cleaning. I’ve done a little here and there, but I need a BIG dedicated block of time. I’ve had a lot going on work-wise and my son is here, and more family is arriving, and, and, and …! But, it’s going to happen next week for sure!
• Most dogs are microchipped these days. Why hasn’t anyone built GPS into the microchips? I’m sure it’s bound to happen SOON. It would be such a great help in recovering lost/stolen pets. (I’m not too worried about Fred wandering off. He likes to be right with me. In fact, he whimpers, pathetically, when I leave the room. The rest of my family refer to him as “Mommy’s boy.”)
• I’m waiting for the arrival of the new Canon 11-24mm lens. I should have pre-ordered it when it was first announced by Canon. I didn’t, and now I have to wait until it’s back in stock. This year is going to be the year of many changes to my camera bag. I will try to get my website “gear” page updated soon to reflect those changes. I’m very excited about this new lens because I shoot wide the majority of time. I can think of so many things I want to shoot with it. Can you tell I’m impatient to get my hands on it?
• I’ll try to get a post up tomorrow, but if I don’t you’ll know it’s because I’m busy with both work and family events. Next week should be a little calmer and, hopefully, I’ll have my life back into some semblance of a routine.