This might (?) be my last post until next Tuesday.
I’m in that pre-trip whirlwind of errands and packing.
• Derby Hat – check
• Derby Dress – check
• High Heels – check
• Tons of Blister Band-Aids (for my feet afer I wear heels) – check
• Twenty Four Hour a Day Dog Sitter – check
• Coloring Book (and a book to read) for the plane/s – check
• Camera and 50 pounds of gear – check
• Follow-up appointment with Paul Newman for my return – check
And so it goes!
(I haven’t decided if I’m bringing my laptop. I don’t think I’ll have a spare minute to use it so probably not!)
I’ve sent ahead my hat and some “California wine” as a housewarming gift for my gracious hosts.
If you watch the Kentucky Derby look for me!
My seat is near the finish line and I will be the crazy blond woman in an enormous purple hat.
I’ll bet one dollar on a Horse-To-Be-Determined and I’ll be screaming like a wild banshee during the race.
Truth be told, I don’t know what a “wild banshee” is but you can bet I will google it while I’m hanging out in airports during this trip.
I’m sure I’ll have a lot of fun adventures on this trip.
(And, hopefully, I’ll come back with some good stories to share too!)