Not long ago, I wrote a post about my search for the perfect handbag.
I can’t say I’ve found the “perfect” bag, but I did find something close.
I’ve been looking for a distressed (beat-up looking), caramel colored, leather bag.
I wanted a bag the size of a large tote, but with at least one outside pocket.
(And, if possible, a crossbody strap due to my bum arm.)
Here’s a look at the bag I purchased.
It’s made by a company called Campomaggi based out of Italy.
I found the bag here in the United States.
Supposedly, it was “the very last one” but I imagine there are probably a lot more out there somewhere.
This is what I like about the bag:
• It’s the right color.
• It’s distressed and vintage-y (and/or bohemian) looking. It will look better the more it’s used.
• It’s got handles and the ever-so-important (detachable) shoulder/crossbody strap. (A must for my arm!)
• It has a very large outside (snap closure) pocket. The outside pocket easily holds my phone, business cards, and keys for quick access.
• On the inside there’s an additional slip pocket which I use for pens, AND a large zipped pocket.
• It’s a big bag. I can easily fit a lens or two inside when I want to.
• The top zips close which comes in handy if I want that security – in airports, etc.
• It’s well made – the stitching, etc., is high quality. (It is NOT lined.)
• It smells yummy. (I love the smell of leather!)
What don’t I like about the bag?
• I wanted a big bag … and it’s a BIG bag. Sometimes a big bag is just a pain to carry around.
• The bag holds a lot, but if I start filling it up it gets heavy very quickly.
I realize everyone wants different things out of their handbags.
Personally, I change my mind fairly frequently about what I want.
(Small, big, light, sturdy, etc., etc.)
For now, I think I came very close to getting exactly what I was in search of.