I hope you had a nice weekend.
Mine was on the slow side ….
• PT was cancelled … so my day was less scheduled than normal.
• Fred and I hung out in Corona Del Mar (Newport Beach) for a few hours to cool off with a little beach fog. (It’s always a lot hotter at my house than at the beach.)
The beach was packed – summer has begun!
• Fred and I met a lot of really nice people while we were out. People approach me all the time … either to talk to me about Fred, pet Fred, ask questions about Fred, and/or because they see I have a “big” camera and want to talk photography. I can’t remember the last time I went out in public and was NOT approached. (I don’t mind, but I do find it interesting since I’m a total introvert and people-magnet at the same time.)
• My friend, Nike, came over in the evening for a glass of wine and to chat. Somehow, at some point, we migrated to her house where Fred and her dog, Reggie, played until
we they were exhausted.
• Training with Fred. I won’t lie, I was a little frustrated during our (longer than normal) training session. Fred flunked. OK, he didn’t FLUNK … but he definitely was not cooperating. Fred has developed a stubborn streak and is enjoying testing me lately. Don’t get me wrong … he’s “almost” perfectly behaved when we’re out-and-about, in public. But, he plays deaf occasionally and has definitely begun his dog “teenage” phase. The trainer assures me all of Fred’s behaviors are very normal for his age.
• Errands, errands, errands, and chores made up most of the rest of my day.
• Fred and I went for a walk at Dana Point Harbor.
A tall ship entering the harbor.
We stayed at the harbor for hours because the weather was so nice compared to the heat a few miles inland. Also, Fred enjoyed meeting the forty bazillion dogs and people who spend their time walking at the harbor. By the end of our visit, Fred was a mess. He had played in sprinklers, played with lots of dogs, and allowed zillions of people to pet him.
Fred rests for a minute next to his “portable” water bowl.
• In the late afternoon, I talked to my dad to wish him a happy Father’s Day. (Earlier in the week, I mailed him his favorite home-baked cookies.) He then handed the phone over to my mom who shared with me how much coloring she’s done in her coloring book … which is more than I’ve done. My mom is very artistic.
• I spent a few hours cooking. I know I have a busy week ahead, and I’m trying to eat super healthy. I wanted to get a few things cooked over the weekend so they’d be available for meal options in upcoming days.
• Sunday evening, I watched two more episodes of The Jinx. (That means I only have one more to go … there are six episodes total.) I would have watched the final episode, but instead I watched the first episode of this season’s True Detective. I watched more TV in one weekend than I have in the last several weeks. It was kind of nice to just RELAX!
And, just like *that* – it’s Monday!