• Fred has been out and about with me a LOT lately.
He’s been very well behaved as I go about my day.
He either sits, or lays down next to me, while I do whatever it is I need to do.
“I’ll just take a tiny nap while I wait,” says Fred.
Of course, I try not to take Fred places where he’ll be an inconvenience to anyone.
He’s well behaved, but he’s also LARGE.
I’m proud of him, though.
All of my hard work has paid off with a very well behaved dog.
(Did I just jinx myself by writing that? Will Fred chase an imaginary rabbit inside the next business I take him to?)
• I picked up Racing the Sun by Karina Halle yesterday. I’m in the mood for a light, romance, read. I enjoyed her previous novel, Where Sea Meets Sky, so I’m hoping to enjoy this one too. (Areas of New Zealand mentioned in Where Sea Meets Sky have been incorporated into my plans for visiting NZ this winter!)
• I’ve already been exceptionally busy with my son’s visit. We’re trying to knock out things like vision checks, dentists, etc., while he’s home. A mom’s job is never done ….
• I watched Interstellar the other night. I think I’m the only person who hadn’t already seen it? And, how could I not have seen it? I have a long-time crush on Matthew McConaughey. It’s not like me to miss one of his movies. I loved it. Oh, and I cried ….
Next up, is the last season of Game of Thrones. I told my son I’d wait for his visit so we could watch it together.
• We’ve had some beautiful evenings this summer.
Summer night in Laguna Beach.
My arm has been flared lately so I haven’t done as much shooting as I want/need to do.
I tend to shoot our local beaches less in the summer anyway.
I prefer them after Labor Day – when the worst of the crowds are gone.