Ahhh … coolness!
We (finally!!) got some cool weather here.
And, by cool I mean in the 70’s. (Around 24C)
So, yay for that!
• For some reason my arm is exceptionally messed up right now. I’m not sure why, but it hasn’t been a pleasant couple days. I must have done something to aggravate it, but I don’t know what. It’s taking my breath away, and not in a good way.
• Fred got some new toys over the weekend. He’s super happy about THAT! Of course, his favorite thing in the world is heading out to help me work.
Fred takes a work break to enjoy the ocean view.
I think Fred has a pretty good life?
• I decided I should try doodling/sketching in pencil instead of always using ballpoint pen. Being able to erase mistakes and try again is very beneficial. Of course, I’m still doodling on graph paper and using watercolor paints. One of these days, I’ll smarten up and use blank paper instead. Also, I’m sure colored pencils would look nicer than watercolor paint on the paper I use. (Much more blendable!)
Another Girl Doodle
• I was subjected to the presence of a man with a Man Cold over the weekend. Is there anything worse than that? I doubt it.
• My favorite lipgloss has been discontinued. Most of you know I wear very little makeup and hate most girly things. But, I did have a favorite lipgloss I’ve worn forever. In an effort to find a new “favorite,” I purchased three new ones to try over the weekend. They are: 1) Make Up For Ever Plexi Gloss in Pearly Plum (405P) 2) Nars Lip Gloss – Belize, and 3) Nars Lip Gloss – Stolen Kisses. I’ll let you know if I discover a new favorite. Who knows, it may take years before I find another I “love.” (If you have a lip gloss you love, let me know so I can try it!)
• I’ve also been experimenting with all sorts of various storage concepts for my art supplies. To be honest, nothing is really working well. I have, however, found a new favorite pencil case. I keep two pencils, a highlighter, several drawing pens, a white gel pen, a water brush, and assorted markers in mine. (Along with correction tape, an extra eraser, etc., etc. I wish the exact same case was also made super-sized-by-a-zillion for even more storage space. However, I’m very happy with how much I’m able to cram into such a small, portable, case. It’s a definite winner. (It would also make a great and inexpensive gift for just about anyone on your list.)
• I feel a strong need to get “lost” in a great book and/or a great TV series. Do you have any suggestions? Do you have any recent favorites?