I don’t know where this week went?
I was so busy, and yet I only got a fraction of my “to-do list” done.
Today is Fred’s ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY!!
I’m going to try to get a good birthday photo of him today.
(I’ll post it on Facebook if I get a chance!)
I also want to get him in to be weighed.
Yesterday, Fred had a play date (at Dana Point Harbor) with his 8 month old cousin, Dexter.
Dexter is 90 pounds and he looked like a small dog next to Fred.
I see Fred all the time, so I forget how truly gigantic he really is until I see him with other Newfs.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard people say, “I’ve never seen a Newfoundland as big as he is!”
(All Newfies are gigantic – Fred is just super sized.)
Anyway, Fred went absolutely crazy with Dexter.
He was SO excited to see another Newf.
In other news/updates –
• Fred did come back clean from the groomer, but they did NOT cut his ears correctly. They’re still very long and shaggy.
I may have to buy a pair of dog shears and learn to do them myself.
(I haven’t attempted cutting Fred’s hair because of my arm. I think I might “ruin” him if I try to cut left handed.)
Also, Fred only stayed clean for about five minutes before he was a mess again.
It’s impossible to keep a Newfie clean.
• My pain level is back to normal (for me) thanks to Paul Newman. I‘m so grateful to him.
• My Roterfaden (birthday present to myself) arrived late yesterday. I was surprised at how quickly it arrived. I haven’t had a chance to look at it yet. (My birthday isn’t until Monday, anyway.)
• It’s BEAUTIFUL here. I love Southern California when it’s like this.
• My house is a disaster and I have people coming over today. I remember when I used to worry about things like that.
• I’m so excited for the weekend because I’m not in horrible pain and the weather is nice, and I want to be outside and play, play, play!
• Hopefully, I’ll have lots of photos for you next week – of both Fred’s birthday and Halloween …..