Over the next few weeks, I plan to have a few “favorite things” posts for you.
I’d also love to hear from you, if you have a favorite thing you’d like to share.
It’s fun to talk about things we like around the holidays.
You just never know when someone might mention the perfect gift for your Aunt Beatrice.
It’s possible a few of these items are “repeats” from year’s past.
If it’s still a favorite, I think it’s still worth sharing.
• Nars Audacious Mascara – I’ve been testing zillions of mascaras lately and this is my current favorite. I’m too embarrassed to tell you how many I’ve experimented with. (And, because I have so many I often layer different brands.) But, this is the mascara that manages to make my short, blonde, eyelashes noticeable. I will probably “always” experiment with new mascaras, but right now – this one’s it for me.
• OPI Chocolate Moose Nail Polish – OK, this is a weird one because I rarely wear colored nail polish on my fingernails. But, I’ve been wearing this on my toes lately and I like it a lot. I have fair skin so really light, and/or really dark, colors don’t look great on me. This is a nice medium brown. I might even try it on my fingernails soon!
• Continuing with one more beauty item, I must also mention Trish McEvoy’s Instant Eye Lift. You can watch YouTube videos on how to apply it if you can’t find a store sales consultant near you. It’s like a liquid concealer/highlighter. You make an upside down triangle with it under your eye/s. Then you blend it in with your fingers, a brush, or a cosmetic sponge. If you wear foundation you would apply it over Instant Eye Lift. It’s a great product if you have dark circles under your eyes, if you’re tired, if you’re old, or if you just want to brighten up your look while giving the illusion of being awake and open eyed. For me, this is like magic in a bottle.
• If you like to lounge around your house (or know someone who does!), it doesn’t get much more comfortable than an Urban Muu Muu. These were one of Oprah’s “Favorite Things” awhile back. I gave a few as gifts at the time, and also snagged one for myself. I still LOVE mine, and I’ve been told repeatedly how loved they are by the people I gifted them to. Sexy? No. Comfy? YES!! I do wish they weren’t quite so expensive, but considering I wear mine all the time …. it’s been worth the cost. They come short or long. I have the short one. You *could* wear it out and about over leggings, but I usually just wear mine around the house. It’s snuggly!
• I’ve had a “new” favorite coffee for close to a year now. Last Christmas, I was gifted a pound of Intelligentsia Classic Espresso. I haven’t been able to go back to drinking anything else ever since. I order the whole beans and it delivers via UPS a few days later. I think I’ll cry if they ever stop making this coffee. (I can’t even get near Starbucks coffee now.)
• Yankee Candle: Home Sweet Home This is my favorite scented candle. I enjoy many candles, but I always come back to “Home Sweet Home.” It is cinnamon-y, but smells better than “just” a cinnamon candle. I love it! I’ve been purchasing them for YEARS. I just realized I’m running low and will need to pick up a couple right away. I can’t go through the holidays without my house filled with this scent ….!
OK, that’s probably PLENTY for one post.
I’ll try to do a similar post again soon.
Also, I really do love it when you share with me things you enjoy also.
So many of us will be purchasing gifts in the upcoming weeks …
We might as well help each other out with gift ideas!