I thought I’d share some random today.
While the rest of the world is getting their sh*t together for the holidays, I’m not.
But, I do have thoughts like these running through my head:
• Maybe Christmas won’t come this year since I’m not ready for it. Hmm … that reminds me of The Grinch story. CHRISTMAS CAME ANYWAY.
• I keep waiting for my arm to feel better before I do all those Christmas things … and it just isn’t happening. (Although, Paul Newman tells me the swelling is going down so I’m sure I’ll be feeling better soon?)
• Why is my Super Power the ability to read people? I can read people in a scary, amazing, way. And, I say it’s scary because I don’t always want to know the things I know about people. And no, I’m not saying I can read people’s MINDS, but I can read people. Who they are, what they’re about, their strengths, their weaknesses, their integrity, their authenticity, their sincerity ….. And, often, I can do this within a millisecond of meeting someone. I can’t think of a time when I’ve been wrong with my “intuition.” Sometimes, I wish I WAS wrong.
• Do YOU have a Super Power? And if so, what is it?
• 2015 has been a difficult year for my family. Well, I guess I should say the last six months have been very difficult. There’s been a lot of *stuff* going on with various family members. I’m more than ready for 2016.
• I’ll be in various L.A. locations over the next several days. (I’ll probably be on L.A. freeways most of those hours?) I’m not sure if I’ll have an opportunity to write a post while I’m away from home.
• I’ve fallen in love with a band called Pacific Air. I listen to them a lot while I’m editing photos. It’s nice background music. I can think, I can concentrate on my work, and I can listen at the same time. (I have a playlist titled “Editing.”)
• Paul Newman informed me yesterday I did not “rip my fat” to create the hole in my arm. I’ve been telling everyone I ripped my fat because it does sound like a very unique injury, doesn’t it? Apparently, ripping your fat is not a medical term. Hmmph!
• I’ve always loved the color red. It *might* even be my favorite color, although I hate to play favorites in case the other colors get their feelings hurt. Anyway, I fell in love with a photo of this red bag:
Actually, I fell in love with a different red bag. But, the first red bag didn’t have a shoulder strap. I can’t carry most purses so they HAVE TO have a long strap. I started searching for a bag somewhat similar to the first, but with an optional long strap and I found the one pictured above. It wasn’t available in real life yet, so I “preordered” it. I had no idea when it might actually BE available, but yesterday I got a shipping notification. I can’t wait to see it in person. If it’s too heavy, or I don’t like it in real life, I’ll return it. But? I’m hoping it works. I like the fact it has several pockets. And yes, I do have a little bit of a handbag addiction. It’s okay, because I never buy clothes. Right???
• I bought Fred a stuffed reindeer. He carries it everywhere with him. It’s adorable. I’ll try to get a photo of Fred with his reindeer soon. (I haven’t been taking photos because I’m trying to let my arm heal.)
I hope you have a happy weekend!