I’m back from New Zealand!
New Zealand — Queenstown Sunset
Are any of you still out there in cyber-land?
Or, did you all give up on me?
I had the best-imaginable, three week, trip.
Of course, I’ve come back to total chaos and a lot of catch-up work to do.
First of all, Fred is FINE.
In fact, Fred is great.
Fred is his same, old, teenage-attitude, self.
“Why are you accusing me of digging? If there was any digging, it was definitely done by the neighbor’s cat!”
I missed Fred a lot while I was gone.
We’re happy to be back together again.
Fred covered me in thousands of kisses and lots of dog slobber when we were reunited.
I’ll write more detailed accounts in upcoming posts.
But, for today, here’s a little general information.
• I had a fantastic time.
• I took over 8,000 photos. (I did end up taking two pro-camera bodies with me and I’m glad I did.)
• Some of my trip was for fun and some of it was work. (Did I mention … eight thousand photos?!)
• It rains a lot in New Zealand … even in summer.
• I fell in love with the natural beauty of the South Island and it looks like I’ll be doing some ongoing work there. (Arm permitting!)
• My arm is terrible … but, we all knew THAT would happen. (The second half of the trip got a little rough pain-wise.)
• Very nice Kiwis were shoving delicious food and drinks down my throat the entire time I was there. (I’m on an emergency diet now that I’m home.)
• I walked and hiked (and walked and hiked some more!) while I was in New Zealand. It’s a VERY outdoorsy country!
• I have approximately two and a half weeks until I have surgery on my arm. I have a ton of pre-op appointments, and an out of state trip, that need to all happen during that time period.
• I will be blogging again, but not daily. (I keep telling myself I’ll have lots of time to blog post-surgery, right?)
• I’ll be providing New Zealand stories and details very soon in upcoming posts!