I’m not doing a very good job of blogging post-surgery.
I thought I’d share a few random things today.
• Today is my Five Week Post Surgery Anniversary. Yay! Only one more week of The Evil Sling!
• I find myself “cheating” and taking the sling off more and more – especially since it has been so hot lately.
• It was 90F/32C at my house yesterday. It’s just the very beginning of spring, right?
• I’m gradually becoming more social as I feel better. I tend to be an introverted homebody when I’m not traveling, but I’ve had as much “home” as I can stand these last five weeks. Thank goodness I’ve been able to get together with girlfriends for lunches, and happy hours, and every other excuse I can think of.
• I’m also finding I can do a few minor/easy things I couldn’t do the first five weeks. Like brush my teeth with my right hand. It’s the little things!!
• Fred is doing great. He loves having me home with him. I took him to the beach in the evening last Saturday. Fred got a lot of attention. People and other dogs flock to him. He had perfect dog-manners. I was so proud of him. He’s really maturing.
Fred The Newf (17 months old) enjoying the ocean view.
• During a neighborhood walk, a young boy walked up to Fred with a dog he’d been hired to “dog walk.” The boy wanted to meet Fred because everybody always wants to meet Fred the Giant Newfie. The stranger-dog lunged at Fred AND BIT FRED!! (Blood!!!) Fred will be okay, but I was so angry. If you have a dog who bites, why would you walk up to another dog like that? And, if you’re a dog owner, why would you let a neighborhood boy walk your dog without warning him your dog bites other dogs? And no, Fred did NOT bite back. Did I mention I’m still angry?
• I’ve been watching Daredevil when I have time in the evenings. Honestly? I mainly watch for the scenes Charlie Cox appears shirtless.
• Now that I’m allowed to drive, and I’m feeling better, I might start making some trips up to L.A. museums. I’m trying to come up with ways to keep myself amused until I can shoot again.
• I’m also art-play obsessed lately. I guess mixed media projects have temporarily replaced shooting as my creative outlet. I wonder how long it will be until my doctor clears me to hold a camera? Weeks? Months? I can’t wait!