Happy 24th birthday to me!
In honor of my (bazillionth) 24th birthday,
I thought I’d share ten things you might not know about me.
- I have a “Twenty Four at Heart” tattoo above my left ankle.
- I have 24 AT ❤️ license plates on my car.
- I’ve really gotten into painting abstract faces lately. I’m having lots of fun!
- I’m making slow, but steady, progress on losing my “surgery weight,” as I call it. The non-dieting approach to dieting seems more long-term-realistic than a diet-diet. (Excuse the exposed bra strap … iPhone photo and I suck at taking photos of myself.)
- I don’t have a favorite TV show, movie, book and/or song. I guess I’ve never felt strongly enough about entertainment type things to proclaim “favorite.”
- The alarm on my phone is the song Suzanne by Journey. Years ago, an old boyfriend “dedicated” this song to me when I broke up with him and moved out of town. Prior to that, I didn’t even know Journey had a song titled Suzanne. It makes me smile when I hear it because everyday I hear my phone yelling “Suzanne!” at me. And no, it doesn’t make me think about Old Boyfriend.
- I LOVE getting old fashioned snail mail. It’s especially fun to get packages. (!!)
- The scars I have from my car accident don’t faze me at all. Someone told me I should cover them up because they’re “nasty.” Why would I do that? They’re a reflection of my life journey.
- I’m more attracted to average looking men who make me laugh than I am towards good looking men who don’t.
- So far, my life hasn’t turned out at all how I expected it to. (That has been both a positive and a negative.)