As most of you know,
I’ve been on the road three of the last four weeks.
Click on photo to purchase, or to view larger, in 24atHeart gallery.
Some of the travel was necessary, and some of it was for work, and some of it was for fun.
I arrived back to Orange County on Saturday evening.
I spent Sunday, all day, doing post-trip errands.
(Grocery shopping, car wash to remove buckets of sand from my car, etc., etc.)
Yesterday, on Monday, I had a huge case of The Monday Blahs.
As eager as I was to be back home,
I came home to all sorts of things that made me want to leave again.
Here are a few reasons why it’s so terrible to stop traveling:
• All the tedious chores of owning a small business need attention.
• A Monday morning bin overflowing with mail (bills, bills, bills!) from the post office. Clearly, snail mail is not dead.
• News of the death of one of my all time favorite entertainers. RIP Robin Williams.
• Hot, humid, monsoon weather. (Santa Barbara was a perfect 72-75F every single day.)
• Filthy camera equipment – it will take hours upon hours to clean it all. Oh, how I hate taking apart tripods for cleaning.
• A message from my ob/gyn informing me some tests came back abnormal and I will need further (painful) testing. Could I please call to schedule asap?
• A not-as-happy-as-usual physical therapist. Can someone please give Paul Newman a banana? The man is having sugar withdrawals.
• Speaking of sugar, I’m feeling post-travel fat. It’s time to get back to a regular gym schedule. I’m not feeling it. Does anyone have a dose of motivation? Ugh!
Okay, okay ….
I’ll snap out of my post-travel blues.
I know it’s normal to be overwhelmed with the mundane after a trip.
I’m sure in a few days I’ll be back in a normal routine again.