I think I'm going to start writing Fearless Friday's along with Photography Friday's. (You know, just on the Friday's when I feel like it ….)
I've been getting a lot of questions from readers lately. Usually if one person has a question, other people are wondering the same thing.
Keep sending in questions if you have them and I'll do my best to answer as many of them as fearlessly as I can.
• I circled you on G+, but how do I let you know without sounding like a stalker? First of all, I love me a good stalker. Second, all you need to do is leave a comment on one of my G+ photo posts, or send me a private message if you'd prefer, and tell me you're one of my blog readers. (Hi, I read 24. Or: Hi, I'm one of your readers.) If you want, you can just follow me/my photography all quiet and secret-ish. I get a notice when people follow me, but to be honest I rarely have time to look at the notifications. I assume my friends/readers/people I know will "talk" to me and then I'll circle them.
Warning: I don't write on G+ very often … right now it's primarily my photography place. Some of my photos will show up there and here – some will only be on G+.
• What do you think of medicinal marijuana? Do you smoke it? Is it helping? No, I don't smoke it. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. The Weed Doc (who is actually a real-live anesthesiologist), told me to use a vaporizer and so I do. A vaporizer is a new-ish invention and it gives you the pain-reducing effects without smoking. I haven't tried eating pot brownies/cookies/etc. because digesting it affects your body a little differently and takes longer to work. I don't use weed often for the same reason I try to avoid most pain killers. I like to be alert, and mentally present, in my life. I use it when I need it, and yes – so far it seems to help (but not eliminate) pain.
• There's a marijuana clinic in Money Town? There was. It got shut down yesterday. I'll have to drive a little farther next time.
• Did using marijuana make you paranoid? Believe it or not, pot is a lot different than it was years back when the dinosaurs roamed. For one, it's a lot stronger – they grow all sorts of "hybrids" now. Also, there are a lot of different types. Some types are more likely to cause a paranoid side effect than others. I'm not using those types, so I've been fine.
• Can I put you in my Friends circle on G+ even though we've never met? Yes, you can. I would be honored. You can, in fact, put me in any circle you want. I don't see what circle I'm put in, only you do.
• Why would you lay down in the middle of a road to take a photo? Well, let me show you where the road was:
My canyon – Orange County, CA.
There is nothing there. Nothing!
(Except …? For this one time, apparently!)
• I'm on G+, now what do I do? Well, G+ is not Facebook so I suggest you think of it differently from the very beginning. You can make it what you want. But ….
I really suggest you follow strangers. Yes, strangers. You can make a circle for each of your interests and put total strangers in it. Find the "experts" in whatever it is you like and see what people "in the know" are saying. You don't have to share a thing about yourself with them. Look at it as a learning experience.
(You can also have a circle for friends, for family, etc. Each circle only sees what you want them to see. You probably don't want to bore all your circles/interests with news about running out of coffee filters or your home life.)
For me, I followed a lot of the top photographers in the world. I learn by looking at their photos. Sometimes they publish interesting posts related to photography, but I learn a lot just by looking at what/how they're shooting too. I'm nosy – it's fun. Surprisingly, some of those "strangers" are now becoming friends.
You can also have a "hangout" and talk/videochat with people of similar interests. You don't even have to tell them where you live – in case they're secretly an ax murderer.
If you're looking for fantastic photographers, I'd be more than happy to share a few of my favorites with my readers. Just let me know ….
• Last, I've received several photography-related questions. I'll try to put the questions and answers together and write a "Photography Friday" post soon.
Thank you all for being so great and so supportive!
(Once again, you can find me on G+ by clicking here.)
© Twenty Four At Heart