My friends at BorrowLenses.com have an awesome contest going on to win a GREAT camera (either a Canon 5D Mark III OR a Nikon D800)!
I wanted to pass on the link to those of you who might be interested: Click HERE
I’ve been getting some questions/comments I wanted to respond to.
Before I do …
Can you believe it’s already Father’s Day weekend?
My youngest son had his last day of school yesterday – it’s officially summer at our house now!
• Regarding my post on aging – I was referring primarily to a person’s attitude, not the state of their body. Sadly, gravity takes its toll on all of us. (Well, except for Plastic Ken and Barbie.)
• Yes, I’ve had my share of web redesign nightmares, but I do feel confident about the company I’m working with currently. Sometimes stuff happens. For some reason, usually it happens to (or around?) ME.
• My arm is fine, thank you for asking. Some days it’s very bad, some days it’s merely highly unpleasant. : ) The Neanderthal does his best to keep me functioning as best as I can, considering. I think he’s actually extraordinarily deaf. He doesn’t ever appear to hear me swearing at/to him.
• My plans for the summer? I still want to see fireflies/lightning bugs!
• I’ve also had something come up and need to get to Oregon in the next 2-3 weeks. I’m not sure what those dates are going to be, or how that trip will affect other places I’m hoping to get to.
• I don’t think they have fireflies in Oregon?
• I’ll be at the Google + photowalk in Los Angeles on June 30th.
• I’ll be in Hawaii for a short time towards the end of the summer.
• What kind of filters do I use on my camera? I use several types of filters. Sometimes I use UV filters. Sometimes I use Graduated Neutral Density filters and/or Neutral Density filters that aren’t graduated. I will write a post about filters once the photography feed is up and running (so I don’t bore all the non-photography folks out there). If my blog isn’t done relatively soon, I’ll post it here instead and bore them!
• My favorite food? Now that’s a hard one. I don’t know that I have a favorite food.
• Does Doc really swim every day? Not this week. The pump on our pool broke so I wouldn’t let him in the pool. (And no, the pump breaking had nothing to do with Doc.) Normally, if the weather is warm – he takes a dip at least once each day. Pool pumps are expensive. Boo Hiss!
• What am I doing this weekend? I have house guests visiting this weekend which means I’ll be very busy. Speaking of, I think I better end this now and get a few things done before they arrive!
Happy weekend to all of you!
P.S. If you aren’t following me on Facebook (or a subscriber to my FB feed), I’d love to have you join the party! It’s easy – just click here and then click on “subscribers.”